THE ROLE: Your role as a Media Sales Executive is a fast paced and exciting position. As a purely outbound role you will be targeted to make contact to increase sales. You will also be tasked with developing different telesales strategies and processes to maximise success.
THE COMPANY: Johnston Press are a leading media company within the UK with brands including The I, The Scotsman, Yorkshire Post, Sheffield Star, and Portsmouth News. Our digital audience is nationwide and we reach over 24m users a month across mobile, desktop and tablet.
SALARY & BENEFITS: Starting salary £18,000 OTE £25,000
WORKING HOURS: 9:00am - 5:30pm, Monday to Friday
Key Responsibilities of a Media Sales Executive to include:
- Make outbound calls to prospective customers to explain and promote advertising to improve their businesses
- Ask questions to understand customer requirements and close sales, going the extra mile to meet targets and facilitate future sales
- Complete the daily required number of new contacts, calls, follow ups and talk time etc. in order to deliver personal sales targets ensuring that all calls, contacts and sales are logged and recorded accurately every day
- Maintain and update the customer database
- Take and process orders accurately ensuring that all details are correct before completion
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate for the Media Sales Executive role will be tenacious and driven with the ability to keep the attention of a customer and offer realistic solutions to their advertising needs. As a successful Media Sales Executive you will be organised have lots of initiative and will be highly motivated with a positive attitude.
Key skills / experience for the role of Media Sales Executive based in Sheffield, South Yorkshire:
- Must live within a commutable distance of Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Experience in sales, either outbound telesales or door to door sales
- Cool-tempered and able to handle rejection
- Computer literate
- Ability to learn about products and services to describe/explain them to prospects
- Excellent time management
Does this sound like you? If yes and you would like to apply for the position then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
- Digital Media
- Outbound Calls
- Sales Executive