This opportunity based from our office in Exeter will see you working with our much-loved media brands Mid Week Herald, Exmouth Journal, Exmouth Herald, Sidmouth Herald & Cranbrook Herald.
Working on these prestigious products we are looking for a dynamic, driven, customer focussed and experienced Media Sales Executive to join our expanding team at our offices in Exeter.
This opportunity is a telephone based sales role that will see you selling print and digital advertising campaigns and solutions to local businesses. As well as managing existing customers and seeing that they continuously improve their current advertising campaigns you will also work with new clients inspiring them with genuine cost effective ideas and solutions tailor-made for their business.
We are looking for an individual who will drive new supplement ideas that capture the interest of local businesses, retailers and organisations. The great conversations you have with clients will ensure that you really understand what they believe would work for them and then relaying this to our editors to create inspiring supplements that capture the interest of readers and generate new streams of advertising revenue.
- Proven telephone sales experience.
- Strong B2B sales background
- Proven track record in selling to SME’s / professional businesses
- Excellent business acumen able to converse well with a range of clients
- Ideally from an advertising/marketing media background
- Preference to win new business and create own leads
- Working knowledge of print and digital solutions
- Willing to learn and develop within the media industry
- Good working knowledge of a range of IT systems
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong time management
SALARY, BONUS & BENEFITS
- Basic starting salary of up to £18,500
- Achievable monthly commission structure and on-target earnings of £8,400 per annum
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold - matched charity fundraising
- Give As You Earn - tax-free charity giving scheme
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
Very shortly after receiving your CV, if we are interested we will call you to understand why you believe you have all the right attributes and are perfect to be shortlisted for interview, so please be prepared and look forward to this phone call. All applications and enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
Archant is a privately owned media company serving geographical and specialist interest communities across a wide range of media and employing around 1,400 staff.
It is the fifth largest regional newspaper publisher in the UK with titles in East Anglia, London, Kent and the South West, publishing 1.6 million copies a week in print and reaching six million readers a month online. Its portfolio of more than 50 news brands includes the Eastern Daily Press in Norfolk, the East Anglian Daily Times in Suffolk and the Ham & High in London.
Archant is the largest publisher of regional and local lifestyle magazines and associated digital media in the UK. It also owns a range of specialist magazine titles circulating mainly in the UK and USA. Its portfolio of 80 magazine titles reaches an average of more than three million readers every month across the UK. In recent years it has extended its activities into exhibitions, events and digital media focussed on the Weddings and French property markets.
Archant has a broad portfolio of digital media assets and marketing services supporting its more traditional media.
The group, which was founded in 1845, has its roots in Norwich where most of its back office functions are located and has frontline staff based in the communities that it serves across the UK.
- Advertising Sales
- Digital Media
- Sales Executive
- Telephone Sales
- B2B sales
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job