We are supporting our client, a leading lifestyle media company, with the recruitment of an experienced Media Sales Consultant to join their successful sales team. You will be responsible for growing, maintaining and developing your own client base through winning new business and selling long term advertising campaigns and it is essential you have advertising sales experience to be considered.
This is a target driven sales role requiring good organisation, creative thinking and positive attitude. Specifically focused to exceed targets, you can use your own creative ideas and sales skills to develop advertising platforms across printed and digital media that your clients can benefit from in order to win customers.
This role requires a positive, can-do individual who is able to build relationships with clients and prospects. You will need to be resilient, tenacious and able to deal with sales rejections. You will also need to be creative, always looking for new ways to deliver positive solutions for every client.
- Initially to plan and execute lead generation and sales activity via the telephone. Over time, the role will develop to cover a mixture of telephone and field-based activity.
- To achieve or exceed revenue targets for existing customers.
- To generate new business to achieve or exceed revenue targets.
- To ensure all lead generation and sales activity is accurately and fully logged on the sales CRM system.
- To ensure client copy and advertisements are accurate and delivered according to published deadlines.
- To ensure all activity conforms with company process and procedures.
- To effectively build and manage client relationships, acting as the interface between them and the business.
- To generate leads and sell advertising campaigns to businesses based in your sectors or territories as directed. Obtain information on the customer’s business and advertising needs to recommend appropriate solutions from our range of products in order to generate the optimum revenue.
- To prepare effective presentations and supporting business proposals to present a professional image and develop client relationships.
- To gain new business leads by cold calling and convert those leads into new business advertising revenue.
- To manage your time effectively to give you the best opportunity to achieve targets (which will initially be low, but will grow over time).
- To regularly monitor relevant competitive media and develop ideas to combat them.
- To proactively monitor the progress of all your client accounts and communicate internally to ensure the smooth running of the account and satisfy client requirements.
Skills and Experience
The role requires:
1. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a high-activity, target-driven advertising sales environment, with targets being regularly exceeded.
2. A good telephone manner and influencing skills.
3. Strong planning and organisation skills.
4. Excellent keyboard skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly.
5. Strong attention to detail.
6. The ability to generate creative ideas and use these to create effective solutions for your clients.
7. Good written English.
8. The ability to think quickly during situations that may involve a degree of pressure.
- Advertising Sales
- Cold Calling
- Media Sales
- Manage Client Relationships
- New Business Opportunities