Great new opportunity for an experienced Media Relations Manager to join this membership organisation within the Science and Health sector. Reporting into the Head of Media Relations, you will be responsible for leading the press office function for the organisation.
Key skills/experience required:
- Proven experience in delivering day to day proactive and reactive media relations
- Maintain an effective and efficient press office function
- You will keep up to date on all media stories/relevant issues in the industry and keep senior management team informed
- Be responsible for the media relations strategy, including campaign delivery
- Experience in issues/crisis management
- Build and maintain strong media contacts, including regional, national and trade
- Build on the organisation’s social media strategy
- Support at key events, generate media strategy surrounding events
- Strong stakeholder management skills, building relationships across internal departments
- Strong interest/knowledge of current affairs is required
- Strong interest in science, health or pharmaceutical industry is advantageous
- Prior experience working with a trade association/membership organisation is desirable
If you have the experience and are interested in discussing further please apply with your current CV ASAP.
To send your CV please click on 'apply for this position’ below and send through your details. We look forward to hearing from you.
VMAGROUP is the global recruitment and training specialist for corporate and marketing communications.
VMAGROUP is committed to equal opportunities and is a Diversity Pledged Recruiter.