Media Relations Adviser
London, EC3M 3BD
QBE’s European Operations, which accounts for over 27% of QBE Group turnover, is a leading specialist in London market and European commercial lines business. Active in both the Lloyd’s and company market, QBE offers considerable diversity to the broking community. We are a socially responsible company and give our customers the ability to invest a portion of their premiums in environmentally and socially beneficial projects.
The Communications and Marketing team supports QBE’s European division and its role is to protect and develop the image, reputation and profile of QBE in our marketplaces and to tailor effective marketing and communications programmes to support the business’s needs. The team is comprised of highly experienced professionals across internal and external communications, marketing, events and design and digital solutions.
You will be responsible for developing and co-ordinating all policies and programmes relating to media relations activity and will report into the Senior Media Relations Manager.
Your responsibilities for this role may include, but are not limited to:
- Working with the business to identify and maximise PR opportunities, which support business growth and development.
- Implementing media relations activity in support of the brand and company communications strategy to maintain consistency within the market place
- Acting as gatekeeper for media relations activity and upholding all media processes and protocols to ensure media enquiries are actively managed within timescales
- Maintaining and developing relationships with target media to build QBE profile in the marketplace
- Supporting the development and delivery of content for social media channels
You will need to be able to demonstrate the following qualities and abilities:
- Extensive experience of print, broadcast and digital media with proven successes across the full mix
- Experience of developing and running social media campaigns from community management to content delivery
- Knowledge of insurance and reinsurance business practices
- Curiosity for and knowledge of global business, economic, tech and cultural trends
- The ability to write effectively and confidently for a range of different purposes, including feature writing, news writing, press releases.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job. Search for QBE on Vercida to learn more about our Diversity and Inclusion programmes and policies.
Please click the 'Apply’ button to be taken to the job on our system.
- Brand Management
- Media Relations
- Social Media