The Planning Manager is responsible for delivering an outstanding client experience, as well as providing research and outcomes in order to deliver media plans and to support the Partnership Manager in all of their activities.
The right candidate is likely to have some planning, research or market development experience or responsibility and be an excellent project manager. They will be required to liaise with internal and external customers in a professional and confident manner.
The individual needs to be confident and prepared to take responsibility for managing their own role within the business, as well as managing the contribution of other team members, where their input affects their actions.
- Liaising with the Partnership Manager and taking their strategic perspective in order to develop a campaign.
- Utilising all available research, data and information in order to produce a plan that delivers on client objectives.
- Performing all administrative requirements for uploading the plan, optioning and booking with publishers, then amending and managing the campaign on an ongoing basis.
- Working with publisher and platform providers to develop an in-depth knowledge of media in order to deliver informed and insightful campaigns.
- Developing skills in order to serve digital advertising, monitor and provide insightful reporting, analysis and optimisation.
We need someone who wants to demonstrate that whilst working within the broader team environment, they can deliver outstanding results through their own efforts. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to deliver excellent client service, without necessarily wanting to be in a regular face-to-face environment with clients.
The individual needs to demonstrate the strength of their plans and recommendations by their use of data, evidence, research and market knowledge. They then need to feed this in to the overall service experience.
ROLE OF DEPARTMENT
Managing media campaigns, servicing clients, responding to client needs (reactive). Assessing new market opportunities (proactive), conflict management, client education, data analysis, schedule justification, planning and negotiation, acting as an extension of client marketing department, delivery of service level agreement. Developing audience engagement solutions across communications and publishing channels.
The individual is required to work on a full-time basis 9-5.30, Monday to Friday. The hours will be fixed although at periods of peak business extra hours may be required. We need to deliver a professional, responsive service, so flexibility to react to client requests and respond quickly is important. This may mean working outside of these hours. There is one hour for lunch.
The Planning Manager is required to work alongside a Partnership Manager and a Media Co-ordinator in order to provide research and planning support, as well as taking responsibility for day to day client account management.
Your responsibility will be to manage the ongoing client relationship in terms of service delivery and reporting.
- Organizational ability
- Project management
- Use of initiative
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excel, Word, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Professional in manner
- Able to deal with people at all levels
- Team player
- Be able to manage themselves
- Methodical (work routinely)
- Be flexible
- Take pride in their work
- Able to use own initiative
- Mature outlook
- Good communicator - verbal & written
- Ideally have experience of working in small company
- Healthcare/pharma industry would provide an understanding of client needs and market
- Publishing/Media/communications experience would help understand media channels
- Project management would help ensure organizational and process delivery
- Research would indicate an ability to dig deeper in order to deliver solutions
- Approx. £30k p.a. depending on relevant experience
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Contributory Pension (after 3 months probation)
- Hours are 9am-5.30pm Mon-Fri with 1hr for lunch
- As outlined above, work may be required outside of these times.
- Data Analysis
- Market Development
- Market Opportunities