Media Make up Technician
New College Swindon have an exciting opportunity for a Media Make up Technician to join the team.
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Salary: £15,526 - £16,159 pa
Hours: 24 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Contract Details: Permanent
New College Swindon has gone through an exciting time of change since we merged with Swindon College to become one College. Also, with the up-and-coming development of the successful 20M bid of the Institute of Technology, opening in September 2021, which will be an inclusive centre for technical qualifications, higher apprenticeships and training for key technical roles, it’s a really great time to be joining us. These exciting changes will extend the career opportunities for both our students and staff.
Media Make up Technician - The Role:
We are looking for a passionate individual who can provide practical and technical assistance to all members of staff and students in the Media Make-Up department. You will provide learning support to individual students or groups in class and undertake the teaching of groups under the direction of Media Make-Up lecturers
Media Make up Technician – Key Responsibilities:
- Effective materials, resources and equipment management for media make-up courses
- Monitor the levels of supplies and re-order with the Order Technician when required
- Provide technical assistance to staff and students, both in and out of lessons
- Effective maintenance of workshop and make-up studio areas
- Maintain and reinforce safe working practices in all media make-up studios, including following the College’s Health and Safety processes and procedures, including COSHH requirements, data protection and safeguarding
Media Make up Technician - Qualifications and experience required:
- Recognised Media Make-up qualification at a minimum of Level 3
- Minimum Level 2 in Maths and English (or equivalent)
- Experience of working in a Media Make-up studio/environment or educational establishment
- Competence in ICT, including MS Office and ability to engage with and use college-wide information systems.
- An understanding of CoSHH and general health & Safety
Media Make up Technician - What we can offer you:
When you join us, you will have access to ongoing support, training and development opportunities to further enhance your experience and skill set through our extensive CPD programme. You will have access to facilities and resources across the two campuses along with an extended support network of colleagues from a wide range of disciplines and industry backgrounds.
We know that your role requires you to put a lot of time and effort into it and because of this; we believe you should be rewarded. As a valued member of our team, in addition to a wide range of development opportunities, you will have access to a number of great benefits some of which are listed below:
- Sodexo Retail Discount Scheme
- Excellent Pension scheme
- Generous Holiday Allowance
- Hire purchase Cycle to Work scheme
- Free and confidential advice, information and counselling service
Media Make up Technician - How to apply:
For a full list of our current opportunities go to our Career Page and click apply! If you know of friends or family who would be interested in coming to work for us please feel free to share with them and if you need more information please contact our HR team. We look forward to hearing from you!
New College Swindon is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. References will be sought on shortlisted candidates before the interview and by agreement.
Please note an enhanced DBS will be required for this role.
On appointment, you will be placed at the salary point aligned to a number of factors, which include, but are not limited to, qualifications, previous relevant experience, current salary and market forces.
Please note that this vacancy may close before the published closing date if sufficient applications are received. If you are interested in this vacancy, please do apply as soon as possible.
Closing Date:16 September 2021
To submit your application for this exciting Media Make up Technician opportunity, please press ‘Apply’ now.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'