Job Title - Media Developer
Location - The Quadrant, Milton Keynes (MK9 1EN)
Rates - £131.81 LTD/Umbrella OR £116.70 PAYE per day
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
Network Rail is looking for a Media Developer for their Route Services function, focusing on a number of projects including safety critical skills training and professional / corporate training development.
As a media developer you will liaise with Media Learning and Development Specialists (MLDS) and Learning Designers to clarify product specifications and maintain adherence to quality and timescale requirements.
What you will do:
You will develop and enhance training materials across all media formats, maintaining and administering appropriate document control systems and processes to Network Rail's agreed quality and safety standards.
You will be required to produce diagrams, drawings, training packs, e-learning and any other supporting media for training and assessment materials. Perform quality checks so that non-technical mistakes are addressed prior to publication.
Key accountabilities include:
- Produce diagrams, drawings, training packs, e-learning and any other supporting media for training and assessment materials. Perform quality checks in order that non-technical mistakes are addressed prior to publication.
- Maintain effective control of all training materials and supporting databases and systems, consistent with Network Rail Training and national standards and processes.
- Liaise and consult with Network Rail Learning Designers and Media Learning Development Specialists as required to clarify product specifications and maintain adherence to quality and timescale requirements.
- Monitor compliance with Network Rail branding requirements and Network Rail Training house styles and templates. Maintain auditable records from draft to published materials, confirming that final versions are proofed and approved prior to issue.
- Establish, monitor and comply with document control processes and storage of soft and hard copy media.
- Produce and issue communications and updates on Training and Assessment materials to internal and external customers and stakeholders in accordance with document control requirements.
- Provide administration services as may be required in relation to Network Rail Training analysis, design, and development processes and systems.
Your experience will include:
- Articulate Storyline 2/3
- Adobe Captivate 8
- Adobe Creative Cloud:
- MS Office: Word & PowerPoint
- Adobe After Effects
- Any other animation or desktop publishing software they may have
- Experience of copy editing and proof reading
- Relevant drawing/design qualification
- Document Control experience
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or other irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.
- <p><span style="font-size: medium;"><span style="font-family: Cal