£23000 - £29000
I am currently working with a charitable organisation in Cardiff who are seeking an experienced Media and Communications professional to join their successful team.
Are you looking for a role within the third sector? Do you have a strong background in communications and are looking for a step up the career ladder? If so, this could be the role for you.
The successful Media and Communications Manager will be responsible for:
• Increasing the profile of the organisation through an effective communications strategy;
• Developing and managing all external and internal communications for the organisation;
• Leading and developing audience-targeted integrated media strategies and deliver activities and messages to raise funds, promote services, engage supporters, inspire action and drive participation.
My client are looking for someone to contribute to and manage the implementation of the company PR and media plans. This will be achieved through the building of positive relationships with key journalists and targeted media agencies using a range of techniques.
You will be a key organisational contact for both national and Regional media, ensuring that all activities and campaigns are shown in a positive light. Handling of adverse media, the preparation of crisis plans and taking enquiries from the media will all sit under the jurisdiction of the successful candidate.
Other Key Duties and Responsibilities will include:
• To oversee the PR protocol and co-ordinate the implementation of the charity’s media policy and procedures
• To recruit and act as line manager to Voluntary Regional Press Officers across Wales, and to be responsible for their training and development
• To build and maintain positive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, including liaising with celebrities and ambassadors
• To be responsible for content gathering, editing and proof reading of the organisation’s key publications including the Annual Report and Review.
• To monitor and analyse media coverage.
• To work with the Digital Media and Marketing Manager to ensure that marketing and digital communications functions are joined up and complementary
It is crucial that you are able to communicate at all levels up to board level.
They are looking for someone to start as soon as possible so please do not hesitate to get in touch if you think this role could be for you.
Salary - £23000 - £29000 + Benefits
Marketing, Communications, Media, PR, Social Media, Charity
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business