The main duties of the role are below:-
- Effectively managing communications for all of the organisations programme areas.
- Advising programme divisions on media strategy, taking the lead in framing communications, managing stakeholder relations and successfully communicating messaging to diverse audiences.
- Re-writing technical and official documents and publications in a media-friendly and informative manner, and providing marketing advice for their dissemination.
- Identifying multimedia opportunities and contributing to social media outputs to highlight the work of the Commonwealth Secretariat - successful production and dissemination of videos
- Managing media strategy development and engagement ahead of and during ministerial meetings. Providing on-the-ground communications support and coverage, including organising and hosting press conferences.
- Writing press releases, web stories, op-eds and statements and securing international and national media coverage
- Providing communications support for major events - the annual Commonwealth lecture, the London launch of a flagship trade publication, Commonwealth Day etc
- Carrying out pro-active and reactive media activities, including protecting the brand and reputation of the organisation, and responding to daily public enquiries.
- Establishing and maintaining contacts with journalists across the Commonwealth.
- Covering events and creating and writing engaging stories for national and international press outlets
The successful candidate will be experienced and able to demonstrate the below:-
- Experience as a reporter or correspondent in a media organisation-either audio, visual or print journalism
- Media relations
- Writing press releases
- Writing contents for various audiences and channels
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Sound news judgement and news writing.
- Organisational and some administrative skills.
- Creative and strategic thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team and perform well under pressure.
- Experience in covering political, parliamentary, social or economic issues.
- An appreciation and knowledge of international and or diplomatic issues.
- Experience as a press officer or involvement in news management.
- Event management experience.
If this role is of interest please do apply ASAP with an up to date CV highlighting all your relevant experience -I am looking to submit to this role ASAP
- taking the lead in framing communications
- Effectively managing communications for all of the organisations programme areas. Advising programme divisions on media strategy
- managing stakeholder relations and successfully communicating messaging to di
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job