Pilot is the best selling and most respected flying magazine in the UK, it is also seen as one of the world's foremost aviation titles. As a result of this success we are now excited to be expanding our team and looking for an account manager who will create, and build a customer base of advertisers.
Pilot reaches tens of thousands of potential buyers through the newsstand, subscriber copies, digital downloads, online visitors to Pilotweb and our iPad and Android apps. It has one of the strongest and most varied classified sections in the aviation sector and is therefore a paramount resource for advertisers to reach an engaged audience.
As well as speaking to businesses in the aviation industry about the print and digital opportunities you will also speak to pilots who have an aircraft for sale and wish to advertise this.
This telesales opportunity is based from our offices in Wokingham it is imperative that you know you can thrive on speaking to potential customers, build a pipeline of opportunity and winning new business opportunities. There will be opportunities to attend events / shows and exhibitions to promote the magazine and obviously network with potential advertisers.
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO:
- Source, prospect and research new business contacts and opportunities.
- Demonstrate your success in winning new clients and contracts.
- Build and win new clients through the telephone sales cycle
- Converse well with a range of clients
- Win new business and create own leads
- Show great knowledge of print and digital advertising solutions
- Have a willingness to learn and develop within the media industry
- Travel to shows / exhibitions
SALARY, BONUS & BENEFITS
- Basic salary £20,000 per annum
- £8400 OTE bonus potential
- Full 25 days paid holiday + statutory bank holidays
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Archant Gold - matched charity fundraising
- Give as You Earn - tax-free charity giving scheme
- Structured career progression, ongoing training and personal performance reviews
We are Archant. The UK’s leading local media company.
Archant people are driven, motivated and passionate about positive change.
We are proud of our history…of our trusted, market-leading heritage newspaper and magazine brands that remain an integral part of everyday life.
But we’re forward-thinking people too. We obsess about innovation, creativity, service and expertise, relentlessly striving to be the most engaging media in every community we serve.
We are on a mission to make digital marketing accessible to all. We build websites, provide complete SEO services and deliver targeted, bespoke digital campaigns that fit our clients’ objectives seamlessly.
We produce video, animation, e-newsletters, apps, blogs - content that brings storytelling to life.
We stage vibrant, celebrated, must-attend events where like-minded people come together…
And because we’re ideas people, we think fluidly. Our multi-award winning 'New European’ national tabloid broke all records as the fastest newspaper launch in history - just nine days from concept to hitting the shops.
A few facts about us:
* We operate over 140 news, lifestyle and special-interest brands throughout Britain.
* Every member of our family receives ongoing development from in-house trainers, complete with interactive online learning. Over 40 modules to choose from keeps you at the top of your game.
* There’s always something new. Hive, our in-house social media, allows you to find new friends with shared interests and have your say on all things Archant. Come join our Staff Forums and help organise some rip-roaring team nights out!
* Archant’s state-of-the-art print centre team have won numerous awards for their service levels and green credentials. As well as our own newspapers, we print over 40 other publications for brands including The Racing Post, Classic Car Weekly and Oxfam. Our giant presses can print 22 full newspapers per second!
* Dialogue is our content marketing agency, producing gorgeous magazines for clients including Rolls Royce, Center Parcs, Royal Ascot and Harley Davidson.
* We stage over 100 must-attend events per year. From intimate and interactive digital learning sessions for SMEs…to major show-stoppers at London Olympia.
Very shortly after receiving your CV, if we are interested we will call you to understand why you believe you have all the right attributes and are perfect to be shortlisted for interview, so please be prepared and look forward to this phone call. We will be shortlisting and interviewing candidates on a rolling basis up to this date so apply asap. All applications and enquiries will be dealt with in the strictest confidence.
- Advertising Sales
- Sales Executive
- New Business Opportunities
- New Clients