Our client is looking for a Mechatronic Design Engineer to join their busy and dynamic development team, the Mechatronic Design Engineer will use their experience and enthusiasm to design, develop and build special purpose machinery, jigs, fixtures and bespoke software systems for production as well as supporting the development of new products.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Design, develop and build special purpose machinery, jigs, fixtures, and bespoke software systems for production.
- Maintain existing special purpose machinery, jigs, fixtures, and bespoke software systems for production.
- Support and provide input into product development process.
- Drive and maintain relevant development tools and processes.
- Create and manage relevant documentation.
- Follow office systems / best practice.
- Liaise with internal departments to ensure designs meet their needs.
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure designs can be produced in an economic and practical manner.
- Manage multiple projects.
- Work in accordance with Health & Safety Policy.
- Work in accordance with the intentions and requirements of the Equal Opportunities policy.
- Undertake any other duties that may reasonably be requested.
- Min 5 years experience of developing special purpose machinery, jigs, fixtures, and bespoke software systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in electronics or mechatronics engineering or similar
- Good knowledge of manufacturing techniques, engineering materials, engineering principles, pneumatics, and electronics
- Able to code in C, C+, and Visual Basic.
- Able to program Microchip PICs, Arduinos and PLCâ€™s.
- Hardware debugging skills and strong analytical mind set
- Strong IT skills including MS Office and MY SQL.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Ability to use 3D & 2D CAD (Solidworks) would be an advantage.
- Able to operate and programme CNC Mill would be an advantage.
- Special purpose machinery