An international Defence and Space company is looking for a Mechanism Electrical Technician to join its team on a 12-month contract basis in Stevenage.
The role will be working within the Mechanisms team to deliver spacecraft critical components on quality, on cost and on time.
You will be required to produce a consistent high quality product in line with production paperwork and to undertake production activities in the required timescale in line with the production plan.
· To consistently produce items which conform to all quality requirements in accordance with the production plan.
· To work to the required process standard as dictated by the relevant area skills matrix.
· To have the ability to read and work to shop floor documentation such as routings, drawing, work instructions and bills of material.
· To be responsible for the completion of all paperwork relating to the operations undertaken, including traceability stamps and recording any other additional information as required.
· To be responsible for working to and complying with standard processes and health and safety requirements.
· From time to time you may be asked to work off site, this may be in UK or abroad.
· To play an activate part in continuous improvement activities.
· Familiarity with shop documentation such as drawing, work instructions and bill of materials to standard processes and procedures will be an advantage.
· All applicants will be required to work as a part of a flexible, motivated team working to tight schedules and meeting deadlines.
· Must have good electrical knowledge and technical understanding, with qualifications or experience to suit.
· GCSEs Maths and English or equivalent.
· ESA Electrical qualification.
· Experience of working within an aerospace industry would be an advantage.
The mechanism products are high precision components and with that comes a demanding build phase. Its essential that the successful applicant will be able to cope with this type of environment and show great attention to detail and high levels of concentration.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove they are legally entitled to work in the UK. Carbon60 is a trading name of Carbon60 Limited an Employment Business/Agency.