Mechanical Thermal Engineer
We have a requirement for a Mechanical Thermal Engineer based in Welwyn Garden City for a cutting edge company providing communications engineering and technical consultancy services to clients operating within the Telecommunications Industry in the satellite, terrestrial, wireless and cellular communications sectors.
The Mechanical Thermal Engineer Mechanical and thermal analysis of electronic based equipment and sub-assemblies. Involved in the Design of environmental management systems, e.g. physical mounting, heat-sinking, etc., particularly for low size, weight and power (SWaP) equipment.
Your Responsibilities will be:
- Perform analyses and simulation of mechanical and thermal environments of electronic systems and equipment.
- Design and model environmental management systems for incorporation in products that may need to operate in harsh environments
- Oversee design and layout of equipment hardware.
- Oversee procurement and sub-contract of design and manufacture of systems and sub-systems.
- Ensure compliance to appropriate standards and regulations.
- Constructively contribute to, and otherwise support, the development of other components of the satellite terminal.
- Attend, and constructively contribute to, meetings with the company's customers and partners.
Your professional experience and qualifications:
- Degree qualified in an engineering or related discipline or equivalent.
- Mechanical and thermal modelling/simulation including dynamics of shock and vibration, preferably in an electronics product environment and design of environmental management systems
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team and in particular alongside electronic, systems and quality engineers
- Experience of design and manufacture of professional grade electronic equipment
- Experience in an aerospace or space design/production environment
- Experience with modelling/simulation tools
- Matlab/Simulink experience
- Negotiable dependent upon experience.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send your CV to Philip Delaloye at or call .
DISCLAIMER: Due to the nature of work candidates should be UK citizen/ EU Citizen/ Valid work permit holder
- Thermal Analyst
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job