Mechanical Engineering Technician - Graduate
TEC Partners are lucky enough to partner with a well-established manufacturing business distributing leading technology worldwide in the search for a Mechanical Technician - Test, based in Cambridge.
In this role the candidate is required to prototype new concepts, setup suitable testing programs, carryout testing and comprehensively report findings. In addition, support existing product sales by responding to test data requests and diagnosis of part failures.
* New Product Support Prototype concepts using rapid prototyping or conventional machining techniques.
* New Product Support Test new products against advised criteria and where necessary generate test rigs to facilitate testing required.
* Sales Support Provide test data on existing products to suit customer requests.
* Sales Support Diagnose likely causes of returned part failures.
* Test Area Support Manage/ maintain test area equipment and recommend improvements.
* Process Improvement Test design modifications aimed at process improvement prior to implementation.
Skills and Experience
* Able to Interpret test requirements
* Experience in dimensional part inspection
* Strong at understanding technical engineering drawings
* Experience of test report creation
* Experience of CAD (Solidworks) would be an advantage
* Experience in CMM operation/programming
* An engineering Qualification/Apprenticeship would be advantageous
If this role is of interest and your profile matches the criteria, please don't hesitate to apply.