We are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Craft Technician for our Shapfell, Cumbria site. Tata Steel's limestone processing and lime kilns, located in Cumbria, have been producing quicklime and limestone products of the highest quality since 1962. Our high performance lime products meet the requirements of a wide range of applications. We produce CE marked fine lime, other size grades and ground limestone in flexible quantities at short notice. As Britain's most northerly lime producer we can supply to the northern UK at an unrivalled service.
About the Company:
Our client is one of the world's top ten steel producers. The combined group has an aggregate crude steel capacity of more than 28 million ton and approximately 80,000 employees across four continents. We're part of the Tata Group, one of the largest, most diverse conglomerates in the world with businesses in the UK including Tata Steel, Jaguar Land Rover and Tetley Tea.
- A market competitive salary
- 35 days holidays per annum
- One of the UK's leading defined contribution pension schemes (10% employer contribution / 6% employee contribution)
- Annual Pay Review
- Employee discount scheme for companies including Vodafone, Nissan, Jaguar Land Rover and also various local services
About the Job:
Within this role, you will perform preventative maintenance and inspection work and provide expertise and resource to identify and rectify faults in complex systems to ensure manufacturing continuity. The Mechanical Craft Technician position exists to provide specialist mechanical engineering support as required.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring all activity is undertaken within Health, Safety and Environmental requirements and in compliance with company and legislative requirements. The jobholder will work as part of a team to ensure manufacturing performance on an ongoing basis and to support manufacturing development plans, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Provide engineering expertise & advice in order to diagnose and correct complex faults in the manufacturing process equipment.
- Ensure that mechanical maintenance work undertaken is completed to time and to appropriate safety and Engineering standards.
- Develop expertise and keep up to date in maintenance techniques and equipment development applicable to a heavy manufacturing environment by self-study and attendance on appropriate courses.
- Provide comprehensive reports on breakdowns, repairs and related engineering activities where appropriate recommending improvements to equipment or systems.
- Undertake training as required for new specialists, other engineering grades, and manufacturing teams.
What we're looking for:
Ideally, applicants will be qualified to HNC level, which will have normally been obtained through a craft apprenticeship in mechanical or hold a Modern Apprenticeship certificate.
You will be required to have relevant plant experience in mechanical craft and be capable of supervising personnel in the safe execution of engineering repair work.
Skills required include Basic fitting, Welding, Burning, Fabrication, Lathe, Milling machine, Grinder, Pedestal drill and Hand tools. Fitting of Gearboxes. Pump changes and refurbishment. Conveyor, Screen and Crusher maintenance, Fitting of bearings and shafts, Hydraulic maintenance and fault finding. Engineering problem solving, Lifting and Slinging,
If this role is of interest to you, and matches your skills sets and experience then please click apply below to submit your CV and cover letter. Please ensure your up to date contact details are on your CV before applying. If your application is shortlisted, we will call you and discuss the role in further detail to ensure this role is what you are looking for and meets our clients needs.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'