An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Technician to join a leading manufacturing company, specialising in the mixing, manufacturing and distribution of specialised Chemicals for high profile clients/projects.
The candidate will be actively involved in the day to day maintenance of all plant and equipment in an EHS compliant manner, to ensure that equipment downtimes are kept to a minimum, so that the Plant can produce the production schedules as planned.
As a Mechanical Technician, your duties will be:
- Maintain mechanical equipment as requested by the Maintenance Supervisor or the Lead Maintenance Technician
- Assist in the maintenance of instrumentation and electrical equipment as skill and competency allows
- Identify weaknesses and strengths of existing equipment and communicate this information to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Be involved in the regular PPM schedules.
- Adhere to safe operating procedures
- Respond to maintenance call outs if required.
- Maintain workshop in a tidy condition
- Ensure that the plant if kept in a clean and tidy condition after maintenance has taken place
- Respect all EHS accountabilities as described in the EHS policy, EHS plan, EHS objectives and the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
An ideal Mechanical Technician will hold the following skills and experiences:
- Must have working experience within a Chemical/Heavy Engineering industry.
- Must be a qualified/time served Mechanical engineer/technician.
- Excellent knowledge of plant and equipment:
- Motors/Pumps, Pneumatics and Conveying systems.
- PLC controlled equipment.
- Packing Machines
- Welding & Pipe Fitting
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
Due to the nature of the role, applicants must be available to attend occasional call outs if required.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'