Location – Devon
Our client is one of the markets leader’s in the wind energy industry. Represented in 36 countries, they provide the production, construction and maintenance of wind turbines.
They are seeking a Mechanical Technicians to join their team servicing turbines across Devon. This role will include installing components, reporting, maintaining and fault finding on client turbines.
Mechanical Technician Responsibilities –
- Carrying out the mechanical maintenance & repairs of the turbines when instructed
- Carry out risk assessments and method statements when and where necessary
- Write a detailed report on the repairs and what was carried out after work is completed
- Adhere to all relevant health and safety requirements
- Assist in electrical maintenance as and when required
- When and where necessary, travel to WEC sites throughout the UK, Germany and possibly elsewhere in Europe.
You will be climbing the wind turbines on a daily basis; A proactive, motivated, resourceful, team player is needed in this challenging and exciting position. Ability to stick to deadlines and finish work to the highest standard is required.
Mechanical Technician Skills and Requirements
- Level 3 mechanical qualifications; ideally you will be a time served apprentice
- Ideally an Engineering degree or similar
- Highly health and Safety conscious.
- Ideally experienced in commercial and/or industrial electrics.
- Experience with maintenance schedules.
- A full (clean) driving license is essential
- Excellent health and fitness levels are essential for this role.
- Must be good with heights
- A team player, flexible and resourceful individual is required for their teams.
Please be aware the role will involve periods of time staying away from home
They offer a very competitive basic salary and OTE circa £30,000 - £32,000, a private pension scheme, private healthcare, friendly and helpful colleagues and fully paid accommodation whilst travelling, what more could you wish for in your new career? If you want to become a member of the future, now is the time to apply for the role of Mechanical Technician!The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"