Mechanical Technician - £16-18k
Our well-established and expanding client are looking to recruit a Mechanical Technician.
Looking for a varied and exciting opportunity to use your practical mechanical skills? If so, this is the role for you.
As one of our client's practical Technicians, you will work across their extensive engineering test facilities which, includes dedicated laboratories for clean water, wastewater and solid waste analysis, a large flow rig, environmental test chambers, an engineering test facility and a number of flexible facilities that can be adapted to meet the needs of different customers.
Mechanical Technician Responsibilities:
- Hands on laboratory, outdoor test rig and field trial testing of a wide range of technologies
- Working with team members to solve practical problems in engineering test facilities
- Analysing and interpreting test data against relevant standards and industry requirements
- Assisting in the production of high quality technical reports and presentations
- Engaging with the supply chain to maintain our client’s knowledge of new technology solutions
- Input into developing and enhancing our client’s testing and evaluation services
Mechanical Technician Essential Attributes:
- C&G/NVQ Level 3 or 4 in Engineering / Engineering Maintenance or equivalent
- Minimum of three GCSEs at Grade C or above in Maths, English plus a relevant scientific or engineering subject
- Competent in basic data manipulation in MS Excel or similar
- Physically able to work in an outdoor environment including client sites as required
- Practical experience and willingness to engage in all aspects of the role
- High level of written and numerical competency
- Strong communication skills
- Eligible to work permanently in the UK
Mechanical Technician Desirable Attributes:
- First-hand experience in undertaking technology testing, evaluation and trials
- Experience with water or gas pipelines, metering equipment and associated instrumentation, control and automation
- Full on-the-job training
- Flexible working hours based on a 37-hour week, Monday to Friday
- A contributory pension scheme
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Free accident/life insurance
- Cash Health Plan
- Active Sports and Social Club
- Subsidised on-site staff restaurant
- Free Parking
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site gardening club & allotments
- Office location with easy M4 access / excellent travel links
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 19 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.
- Mechanical Engineering
- Test Data