I have a job for a mechanical technician. The mechanical technician will be responsible for all planned PPM and reactive maintenance across the clients site as well as other associated maintenance PPM tasks.
- Provide general mechanical / HVAC / Building services maintenance support on all buildings and plant.
- Implement all mechanical maintenance and corrective works on the site in accordance with Maintenance Instructions, and site specific procedures.
- Perform testing and inspecting of mechanical systems in accordance with industry standards
- Provide accurate feedback and information d to completed test sheets, routine rounds inspection sheets and work dockets containing maintenance activities and observations.
- Ensure that all plant and systems are maintained and operated in order to provide maximum efficiency, availability and reliability.
- Carry out remedial or refurbishment works arising from breakdown or inspections
- Respond to reactive maintenance/breakdown calls for the helpdesk and carrying out remedial work as necessary, providing feedback information to customer and helpdesk as required.
- Assume the role of Competent Person (mechanical) as authorised by the AP Controller.
- Carry out condition based monitoring surveys
- Carry out minor new works installations and testing.
- Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of plant and adjacent areas.
- Undertake defect surveys on electrical plant and systems and providing reports as requested by engineering management.
- Support the Building Manager in the day to day implementation of policies, procedures, standards necessary to maintain the ongoing operational activities and service
- Demonstrate qualities to deliver the contract requirements through effective communication
- Proactively maintain levels of training and competency and organise courses as appropriate
- Provide regular updates on work load to Line Manager Maintain day to day contact with the customer taking notes as required.
- Identify to Line Manager operational improvements to ensure continued high quality service.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and feedback through relevant and current procedures.
- Must be self-motivated, a team player and have an adaptable/flexible approach.
- Capable of obtaining the highest level of security clearance, currently DV.
- Hold relevant C&G, BTEC level 3, ONC/OND or NVQ level 3 in a mechanical discipline
- Qualified or trained in other disciplines including HVAC and able to demonstrate competence
- The candidate will be articulate, numerate and IT literate.
- Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred.
- Good all round knowledge of Facility Management and Building Services Engineering.
- Must be able to demonstrate a full and thorough understanding of operational health & safety.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.