KH Resourcing are recruiting for an experienced Mechanical Technician/Development Engineer to join the New Products and Processes Team to develop new packaging concepts and manufacturing processes. You will be involved in the design and development of new and existing packaging products and processes, including tooling design and test development. Typical projects progress from development of initial concepts by way of robust feasibility studies all the way through to creating pre-production capability and ultimately achieving industrialisation.
• Create and manage project plans for the development of new products or processes, identifying resources required and agreeing specific deliverables with sponsors.
• Carry out feasibility studies to analyse the commercial and technical viability of new products and processes.
• Design and develop experimental rigs, tooling and processes that will be used to develop new products.
• Develop tests and testing regimes to demonstrate products are fit for purpose.
• Carry out hands-on, practical process and engineering development, manufacturing samples for testing, demonstration and customer trials
• Generate ideas for new packaging, using in-house creativity techniques.
• High level of visual and mechanical aptitude
• Educated to a degree level in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
• 3-5 years’ experience in a relevant technical role, ideally development engineering.
• Excellent problem solving ability and logical thinking.
• Self-motivated, pro-active and able to work with minimal supervision, but also equally effective as a member of a team.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Computer literate in all Microsoft office applications.
• 2D and 3D CAD experience (SolidWorks would be an advantage).
• Engineering Design experience
• Familiar with statistical analysis tolls to interpret data and present results.
• Metal forming/fabrication experience
• A second European language would be desirable
• Previous experience of conducting product and process trials in a research environment and a production environment in order to transfer new products and processes into production
• Experience of Tool making with bench skills, assembly of mechanical equipment
• Experience of Machining using conventional lathes, mills and grinding machines
• A strong communicator
• Self-motivated individual, autonomous in approach
• The ability to plan and organise your own work
• Adaptable and flexible
• The ability to work on your own or within a team
• Problem solving skills and evidence of solutions
• A Full UK Passport is required as you should be prepared to travel within the EU, USA and Asia for short periods of time.
- Engineering Design
- Manufacturing Processes
- Test Development