An opportunity to further your career within a market leading company that houses the most interesting engineering projects in the country and world. This employer offers great career prospects and opportunities to work within a fantastic working environment.
High-end technology, market leading business, great salary and benefits in West London.
To lead a team of mechanical engineers, this will involve the management and development of the engineering resources and processes in accordance with best practice to meet the demand from current and future projects.
A Mechanical Team Lead will be responsible for Line Management of a team of mechanical engineers working on a variety of mechanical work packages. The Mechanical Team Lead will also be required to take on the roles of Work Package Manager and hands on Mechanical Design Engineer.
The Mechanical Functional Team Lead Responsibilities are:
- Understanding and supporting project, department and team objectives.
- Supporting the Functional Lead - Mechanical Engineering with resource planning, resource requirements and recruitment for the team.
- Assessment and planning of skills mix and staff flexibility within the team.
- Staff development and contribution towards functional training plans.
- Promoting positive behaviours and a positive vision of the company to the team.
- Mentoring, performance management and discipline of the team.
- Identifying the need for new/additional tools and equipment with allocated owners.
- Oversights of engineering labs and identification of Lab Managers.
- Support review and updates of the company's processes and procedures for the allocated function.
- Implementing engineering processes and supporting the development of best practice.
- Ensuring co-operation between engineering functions and other departments and external stakeholders.
- Maintaining knowledge of relevant legislation and industry best practice as relevant to the team's activities.
- Provide input into the strategic plans for the longer-term development of the mechanical function.
- Producing initial estimates for bids or new project work that is over 37 hours' total duration.
- Supporting the Project Manager and Project Engineering Lead in the definition of the Work Package.
- Approving the Work Packages baseline
- Monitoring Work Package Progress.
- Providing periodic status updates, including work Spend To Date, Estimates To Complete, Estimated Completion Dates and any key risks or issues.
- Proactively identifying and reporting Work Package issues, risks and Opportunities as they occur to the PM and PEL.
- Developing and managing mitigation plans, where cost or schedule overruns are forecast or could be improved.
- Seeking opportunities to improve Work package delivery performance. This may be achieved through identifying scope changes, more efficient method of working, different resourcing models or process changes.
- Identifying when the scope of the Work Package has changed and highlighting this to the PM
- Supporting the PM and PEL in re-baselining Work Packages.
- Identify the resource required to deliver the Work Package.
- Identifying any specific tools, processes, procedures or facilities required to deliver the Work Package.
- Supporting evaluation, mitigation and management of engineering risks.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of one of the most forward thinking companies in the UK and to further develop your own skills and capabilities.
If you believe that the prior details are relevant to your recent work experience then please do not hesitate to apply to this advert with your up to date CV. Alternatively, you can submit your CV to steven(dot)mitchell(at)modis(dot)co(dot)uk