Job Description For Vacancy No: 238558L
Consultant: Lewis Cross
Company Profile: Our client has been a manufacturer of diesel engines and power solutions for over 75 years, to the highest levels of performance and reliability. They have grown to become one of the leading suppliers of diesel and gas engines in the power solutions market.
Job Location: Cambridgeshire
Job Position: Mechanical Systems & Validation - Technical Project Lead
Job Status: Permanent
Job Description: An exciting opportunity has now arisen for Reliability/Validation Engineer to join our clients Mechanical Systems team and have a direct impact on the future success of our engine product families. As a Lead Engineer, you will lead a virtual team working on a variety of product development projects, with accountability for Mechanical Systems performance, reliability & durability. With your team you will plan and deliver the validation of new diesel engines for industrial applications; opportunities exist to further develop our Systems Engineering & Validation processes.
Demonstrated experience of Project Management
- Understanding of engine systems, mechanical performance trade-offs, and technical issue resolution.
- Experience of using Design FMEAs (facilitation and analysis) to manage product risks and manage validation requirements.
- Experience of delivering DVP&R within time and cost constraints
- Good communication skills, written & verbal.
- Ability to lead and deliver through others.
- Engineering degree qualified with considerable years relevant industrial experience.
- Experience of industrial diesel engine applications, construction machinery or generating sets.
- Experience of Proactive Reliability methods and demonstration of Product Quality.
- Proven project management experience related to Diesel Engine development.
- 6 Sigma Methodology and Continuous Process Improvement.
- Experience of Root Cause Analysis and issue investigation techniques.
The role involves:
- Identification of System Integration requirements, cascade Product Objectives through to Technical Objectives, and performing system performance trade offs.
- Identification of risks to product reliability and durability, proactively addressing issues in concept designs, and working with Simulation & Validation engineers to determine product capability.
- Project Management of engine build and test plans, delivering product validation tests through both our onsite test facility and in application.
- Leadership of Technical Issue resolution.
- Development of product reliability predictions.
- The role is within our client's Engineering & Technology centre where you will work alongside a range of system and component specialists, with support and collaboration from engineers across facilities in US, China, India and Japan.
The Technical Project Lead will:
- Lead the creation of Engine System FMEA's, supporting risk identification, providing technical guidance on system integration and facilitating the creation of system & component validation plans (DVP&R).
- Ensure adherence to proactive reliability processes.
- Develop processes for identification of risk and measurement of product reliability.
- Development of engine and machine validation plans & test requirements.
- Review engine and machine data from validation tests and in field usage to produce product capability statements and develop validation test procedures.
- Collaborate with the Design Architect & the Performance Architect to investigate system level trade-offs including performance, packaging & durability, utilising a combination of Simulation, and test data.
- Identify Mechanical Specifications Requirements to support application sign off.
- Liaise with application leads & customers to negotiate in field validation opportunities.
- Provide coaching and guidance to engineers within the project team.
The work involves working in a fast moving development environment with the ability to analyse technical situations and make sound technical recommendations based on this analysis.
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Fringe Benefits: 25 days annual leave, up to 18% bonus, car cash allowance, childcare vouchers, contributory pension scheme, contributory share scheme
- As a Lead Engineer
- you will lead a virtual team working on a variety of product development projects
- with accountability for Mechanical Systems performance
- reliability & durability.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job