Hourly Rate: The department are offering competitive hourly rates
Contract Duration: 6 Months initially and then ongoing and long-term thereafter.
Security Information: Please Note you must be eligible for SC Security Clearance (unfortunately due to security restrictions for this role, the candidate will need to be a British National with no dual nationality and must have resided in the UK for at least 4 of the past 5 years).
Mechanical Systems Engineer / Architect Job Description:
This role would suit a candidate who has come from a strong Mechanical Design Engineer background who has progressed perhaps into a more Mechanical Architect or Systems Engineer position. The role is responsible for the delivery of the missile mechanical architecture requirements and typical responsibilities include:
* Establishing the Missile Airframe Task Requirements Specification (TRS) to ensure a structured & coherent mechanical response to the overall Missile TRS.
* Management of the mechanical interface with the launcher.
* Management of Mechanical & Thermal Interfaces across the Missile.
* Defining the optimum mechanical architecture for all variants of the missile, ensuring the mechanical architecture and interfaces meet requirements.
* Implementation of GMA Policies to ensure Modularity & Reuse objectives are achieved.
* Development of the overall proving logic for the validation of the Airframe.
* Ensuring mechanical compliance to the Airframe TRS for missile certificate of design.
Interface with and manage customer expectations throughout the development process.
* Producing Statements of Work and plans for activities within their sphere of responsibility.
Direct technical supervision of engineers within their team and indirect management of engineers in the extended project team.
* Controlling assigned budgets, managing personal workload and identifying any further resource needs.
Skills and Experience:
* Educated to degree level with 10 years' experience or an equivalent qualification having obtained significant experience of mechanical engineering.
* Ability to technically manage internal & sub-contract activities.
* Strong leadership skills, able to establish a clear engineering vision.
* Good knowledge & experience of missile mechanical design, including: Static & Dynamic Analysis, Design for Environment, Thermal Management,
* Good understanding of broader engineering disciplines, including: Aerodynamics, Testability, Production.
* Experience developing proving logic and managing the generation of compliance evidence towards Certificates of Design.
* Experience across the full Product Life Cycle.
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.