This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the industry's most vibrant and exciting Tier 1 contractors, specialising in the M&E major projects and New Build sector. Due to an increase in current work load the business now require an experienced Mechanical Project Manager to join the business on a permanent basis.
You will need to demonstrate a clear career history as a Mechanical Project Manager, successfully delivering mechanical packages on time and under budget from within this demanding sector. This company has an excellent reputation throughout the market place and place a high value on service levels and delivery to their clients. You will be part of a multi discipline M&E projects team, delivering projects with values of up to £50 million.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Mechanical Project Manager
- Be able to demonstrate delivery of Mechanical Projects/Packages with values of £5 mill - £30 mill
- General knowledge of Contract Law, Administration, Account Development and Submission
- Good knowledge of all Microsoft Office software
- HND / HNC Mechanical Engineering
- SMSTS (not essential but would be preferred)
- Trade background
- Read, understand and scrutinise Specifications, Programmes & Drawings
- Prepare Contract Documents i.e. Method Statements, Risk Assessments, RFI’s, Technical Submissions, etc.
- Meet with Clients and Consultants
- Carry out site visits and surveys
- Read, understand and scrutinise Sub-Contract instructions
- Manage site labour and sub-contractors
- Prepare handover documents i.e. O&M Manuals and Record Drawings
- Manage contract costs and variations including procurement
- Liaise with design team i.e. Architect & Consultants
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Flexibility to travel, working at main office and site based
- Willing to undertake CPD in line with regulations & Health & Safety
- Ability to manage a wide range of varying projects from small school extensions to large hospitals
If you are an experienced Mechanical Project Manager looking for the next step in your career, then this could be the opportunity for you.
If you would like further details regarding this position or alternatively like to submit your application, please contact David.
- Building Services
- Mechanical Engineering
- Project Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job