Mechanical Project Manager
Benefits: Car allowance, credit card, phone, (either a tablet or laptop)
Due to continued organic growth of the company we are proactively seeking an experienced Mechanical Services Project Manager to join a growing team in Slough. The successful candidate will be experienced in working on a number of various high-profile projects within both the Public and Private Sectors. Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is directly responsible for the control, management, and leadership of teams of directly employed and sub contract engineers and installation engineers and additional support staff within the maintenance and installation function.
As a Mechanical Project Manager, you will have:
- Experience of fixed price contracts with good appreciation of commercial aspects.
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience successfully delivering Design and Build MEP projects within the commercial sector.
- Project Management experience from inception through to site delivery and handover.
- Experience of managing projects up to £2M.
- Hold appropriate project management qualification
- Hold a SSSTS or SMSTS certificate
- Summary of responsibilities for a Mechanical Project Manager:
- Required to take direct management responsibility of operations on Mechanical and Electrical projects, ensuring projects are completed safely, to a high-quality standard, on time and within budget.
- Manage all aspects of programming of works and monitoring building progress; specified and alternative equipment submittals, compliance with regulations and issue weekly progress reports.
- Supervision of personnel on site specialist sub-contract, agency and direct employees.
- Co-ordination of installation - review design process to ensure that installations are fit for purpose.
- Oversee the contracting process with chosen sub-contractors and ensuring all works are carried out correctly and as per contract and specification.
- Liaison with clients, professional teams, main contractors and other trades personnel as and when required including attendance at all project related and management meetings.
- Hold regular progress meetings with both the design team and sub-contractors and - effectively control the use of both labor and materials
- Will play a key role in the value engineering process of the project which will include setting budgets, achieving targets, identifying variations and changes. Closely monitoring the usage of materials and resources on site.
- Help prepare project cost plans and ensure all projects are achieving targets.
At Venture, our ambition is simple - to introduce the very best candidates to great businesses. Specialising in Retail, Hospitality, Sales and Head Office recruitment, we’ve built our reputation through outstanding account management and a flexible approach.
With over 20 years developing a network of trusted contacts - we provide solutions nationwide for high volume requirements and executive search assignments.
Whether you’re in Retail Management, Head office, Restaurant Management, Regional Management or from a Sales environment - whether you are a client, a candidate or a potential new employee we’d love to hear from you.
Your Journey. Your Future. Our Passion.
Keywords: Project Management, Mechanical, MEP, Design and build, Service Maintenance, Installation
- Mechanical Services
- Project Management
- Direct Management