Vacancy Reference: AMK-BRI-KS-1209
Job Title: Mechanical Project Manager
Job Type: Full-Time; Permanent
Benefits: 34 days holiday; Pension; BUPA Healthcare; Performance-related Bonus; Company vehicle / Car Allowance
Servest Arthur McKay is a leading M&E projects specialist. With nearly 60 years of experience in this field, focus has been to continually offer a leading M&E service portfolio. This portfolio now spans heating, ventilation, air-conditioning, plumbing, lighting, power, communications and security. Our focus is to always safely complete M&E contracts to the highest possible quality, from small re-wires to major projects (ranging from just under 50k to a little over £20m).
Substantial growth has seen us open new offices in Bristol and we have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Mechanical Project Manager to lead our new team within our Projects Department.
Reporting to the Operations Director, the role will involve working with the client, operations teams, Operations Manager / Director and associated support functions to ensure that each project is delivered in accordance with the Project Plan - safely, on time, within budget and to the required quality standards.
This is a broad-ranging role which will see the Project Manager responsible for delivering design and build projects in liaison with internal and external design consultants; project planning; client liaison; team and resource management and ensuring rigorous financial control.
We are seeking highly competent Project Managers with demonstrable experience of successfully managing multi-discipline projects. Suitable candidates will require a background in Mechanical Engineering with relevant occupational competencies and technical certification. Our preference is for candidates with a working knowledge of Microsoft Project, CDM awareness and a relevant subject-specific qualification in construction or project management. Individuals with a PRINCE 2 qualification are highly desirable.
Primary duties and responsibilities, include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that projects are delivered to the correct specifications and required quality / industry standards and within budget
- Delivering design and build projects in collaboration with design consultants, the wider project team and contractors
- Team management, to include: Leading and motivating the team; ensuring adequate team training / level of qualification; Undertaking HR people-related process, including performance review; ensuring compliance to all personnel policies and procedures
- Client liaison, to include: Working closely with the client counterparts and their agents throughout the lifecycle of the project; Conducting continuous improvement activities in line with the client`s requirements, implementing corrective / preventative action where required; Implementing opportunities for innovative cost reductions; Ensuring that communication with the client is established and maintained throughout the life of each project; Meeting or exceeding client KPI`s for each project
- Project management, planning and organising to include: Planning work in a way which ensures that key milestones and completion dates are achieved; Setting up strategic planning controls covering the full scope of works for all disciplines including the procurement programme, technical proposals, construction method appraisal, value enhancement and risk analysis controls, tender event schedules, design management strategy, project planning and Project Management systems
- Monitoring and reviewing project requirements / achievements
- Mechanical Engineering
- PRINCE 2
- HNC Construction
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job