From the nation who brought you the lightbulb…
Great Britain; the land of innovation. Brits brought the world the world wide web, the telephone and the television. We developed the jet engine and the vacuum cleaner, passenger railways and topically, parliamentary democracy.
To that, you can add our client, a truly innovative business, primarily concerned with the design, manufacture and operation of specialist equipment for the construction of bridges, buildings and offshore structures.
Refreshingly, our client recognises that their success to date and future growth both hinge on an outstanding workforce and they`re looking for people who want to play their part. This role is based in Northamptonshire and applicants must be willing to commute to High Ferrers or willing to relocate to the area. This position also comes with extensive international travel commitments.
What`s in it for you?
A highly competitive salary, circa £35,000-£45,000 depending on your experience. Global travel (sometimes at short notice) and commitment and encouragement from your employer to continued professional development. Available overtime, death in service cover, income protection insurance and 31 days of annual leave (inclusive).
So, where do you fit in?
As a Mechanical Engineer your main area of focus will centre on the technical aspects of equipment design and manufacture of offshore construction equipment. You will provide offsite and onsite technical support and training to customers for the installation, commissioning, use and manufacture of offshore equipment.
Allow us to oblige your love of the detail…
Main Responsibilities and Duties
· Having a strong understanding of design engineering and design briefs. To be highly knowledgeable regarding the mechanical principles connected to the design process.
· Assist in the technical review of hydraulic systems, and control systems to confirm they comply with a brief / specification (UK office based).
· Must be able to display extensive experience working with hydraulic systems
· Assist in writing of factory testing procedures (UK office based)
· Prepare training material
· Write technical literature to accompany equipment (Operation and Maintenance manuals) (UK office based)
· Provide on-site support to train customer`s staff in the installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance of our equipment
· Provide customer support by telephone or email (UK office based)
· Undertake R&D projects in our UK workshop (UK workshop based)
· Assist in preparing and testing equipment in the UK workshop
· Assist others with day to day tasks to meet individual project demands
· Work in accordance with the Company`s 9001, 14000, 18000 accredited management system
· It is important that our engineers understand all aspects of our products.
· In addition to their own discipline, the successful candidate will be expected to develop their knowledge of all aspects of our systems
· Assist operations team with project commercials
· Eager to take more project related responsibilities.
Qualifications and Experience
· Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering (or equivalent subject) or suitable equivalent industry training and experience
· Workshop and site experience
· Appropriate experience in hydraulics and electric circuits review/design
Don`t worry if your CV isn`t up-to-date, we can deal with that later. Just send what you have to Sadie via or give her a call for a confidential chat on .
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'