Small Works Engineer / Mechanical Engineer - London - £37,000
Excellent opportunity to join a Leading Maintenance contractor in the UK. The company provide Maintenance, Installation and Environmental services for Heating, Air Conditioning and Building Management Control Systems. My Client is looking for 1 key member of staff working on a prestigious contract on behalf of a managing agent in Central London as part of a new small works division.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in Mechanical Building Maintenance - Mechanical, crucially with City & Guilds, Level 2 and 3. This is a mobile position covering London and the M25. He or she will require good communication skills as you will be in regular contact with clients & Sub contractors on site. The company offers lots of overtime and a very good internal training programme not to mention the choice of a company car.
Key duties & Responsibilities
- Proven experience working on mechanical projects and maintenance & engineering contracts - Type of installation works include replacing vessels/replacing pressurisation units/replacing valves/CWS systems/HWS systems/LTHW systems
- Carry out mechanical planned & preventative maintenance on various plant such as small installation, control panels, BMS systems, emergency lighting, Air conditioning (AHU / FCU)
- To communicate regularly and effectively with clients, suppliers and other management personnel in order to maintain and develop excellent professional working relationship to ensure the smooth running of the business
- To organise works allocated and time efficiently, and work supportively within a team
- To complete small project works including new installations.
- To submit clear, concise and accurate task sheets and reports
- To attend call out during normal working hours and outside of normal working hours on a rota basis
- Salary up to £37,000
- Additional average earnings range from £2k to £15k by working overtime
- Overtime at time and half / Double time
- Laptop computers
- Company van with fuel card
- Call out allowance
- Excellent career progression - Looking to expand the projects division
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.