Mechanical Project Engineer
Due to continued expansion of our well-established defence engineering business we have a great opportunity for an experienced Mechanical or Electrical Engineer to join their friendly team working as a Project Engineer within the Project Management Office. This is an exceptional opportunity for talented engineers to be part of a high achieving multi-disciplined team.
Responsibilities will include:
· Provide leadership for the project design and development activities you will be responsible for the project system architecture and ensure client requirements are met from a technical perspective.
· Lead packages of work reporting status to the Project Manager
· Work with the engineering and production teams to deliver work packages and projects on time and budget.
· Provide information to the project manager, enabling accurate project planning, including providing detail of work packages, break down of tasks and estimates of the scale of the work required to complete the project
· Identify technical risks to the Project Manager and work on the appropriate strategies for risk management.
· Provide technical support for the Project Manager in customer communications.
· Work with the Project Manager to ensure that activities undertaken align with the customer requirements and project deliverables.
· From time to time create project plans for agreed scopes of work
Essential requirements for this role:
· HND or Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering or a related subject.
· The successful candidate will be a flexible, enthusiastic, and self- motivated individual who is able to use initiative and work well without close supervision.
· Able to build long-term successful client partnerships, both internally and externally.
· Candidates must have a positive attitude, strong presentation skills and a professional presentation.
· Negotiation and influencing skills.
· Excellent decision-making and problem solving skills.
· Some travel to other group offices or MoD sites in the UK may occasionally be required.
· Candidates must have an existing right to live and work in the UK.
· To gain SC clearance you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of 5 years.
The following are preferred, but not essential:
· Experience of working on projects.
· Practical competence in mechanical/electrical assembly.
· Knowledge of BS8888 drawing practices.
· Experience of working within a military / defence environment.
· Knowledge of ISO9000 or a similar QA system.
· Experience of lean manufacturing.
My client is the world’s leading supplier of submarine air purification equipment and supplier of choice for many international programmes. The company has a history of technological and scientific achievement. As a testament to their success, our systems are in place on the most technically advanced vessels in the world.
Company benefits include:
· 25 days’ holiday · 4.5 day week
· Discretionary annual bonus scheme
· Company pension scheme
· Free onsite parking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job