Mechanical Plumbing Supervisor - Hospital - South East London - Up to 40K
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join one of the leading maintenance providers at a new hospital based in South East London.
They are looking for a Mechanical maintenance supervisor to join their busy maintenance department and take responsibility for the daily reactive and planned maintenance schedules and also supervisor the existing team of 4 engineers. There will also be a strong focus on plumbing.
The role will be working Monday to Friday 8-5 and the benefits are as follows:
- Salary up to 40K
- Hours 8-5
The main duties of the role are as follows:
- Responsible for the operational management of the building and engineering services including staff & sub-contractor management.
- Responsible for ensuring that engineering maintenance, including contract work, is carried out to appropriate standards and specifications in line with the Project Agreement.
- Provide expert specialist and professional building and engineering expertise to other estates staff, directors and senior management of the organisation including external agencies.
- Undertakes Authorised Person responsibilities in relation to specified systems.
- Support the day to day commercial management of the estate management and operation.
- Developing, implementing and managing energy policies for the estate. Management operation and implementation of the Permit to Work system and Safe Systems at work.
- Ensure services comply in accordance with the Project Agreement, legislative, statutory and HTM requirements.
- Management of a reactive maintenance service during normal operating hours of the hospital.
- Management of a reactive maintenance service outside operating hours of the hospital.
- Be on call or available for emergencies 24hrs/7days.
- Overall responsibility for the management of the Permit to Work System.
- Contribute to the implementation of an energy strategy, policies and initiatives.
- Ensure plant is maintained and operated to its optimum efficiency.
- Encourage and participate in departmental energy saving schemes and promote the understanding and importance of the economic use of energy.
Applicants for the role must be able to meet the following criteria:
- Fully mechanically qualified to C&G/ONC/HNC Level
- Stong plumbing experience.
- Experience in building services and plant engineering
- Experience in maintenance technical issues
- Experience in water hygiene regulations
- Awareness of CDM regulations
- Proven experience of managing a maintenance team and achieving SLA's
- Previous experience with a Health Service context
- CDM Professional Training
- Excellent communications both written and verbal
- Numerate and computer literate
- Self starter
- Effective team player
- Flexibility with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continual improvements to service delivery
- Fully aware of H&S and general legislative matters
- Good understanding of building management systems
- Qualified to authorise work on pressure systems
- Qualified to authorise work on ventilation systems
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.