Our client is a major engineering company, with offices nationwide. Due to recent expansion, they are now looking to recruit a Mechanical Fitter, and an Electrical Fitter, both to be based in their Reading office. You will be involved in maintenance works on customer assets, and you will be responsible for ensuring the correct H&S, procurement and administration procedures are followed on every job.
- Repair mechanical / electrical equipment on various asset types.
- Be expected to produce high quality work working.
- Be able to swiftly and comprehensively fault-find, rectify problems on mechanical equipment.
- Install, maintain and repair mechanical systems generally.
- Maintain and repair mechanical/electrical and instrumentation to ensure performance of all assets.
- Actively take part in risk assessment, and all related Health and Safety issues.
- Identify problematic plant and the subsequent faults and to take part in finding efficient solutions to return equipment to working order.
- Provide knowledge and information to operational teams and customers.
- Day to day liaison with operational staff.
- All other reasonable tasks and duties as and when required.
Person Specification - Qualifications
- Fabrication Apprentice qualification or higher
- Mechanical / Engineering qualification
- Five years experience working in a machine shop environment
Person Specification - Skills and Knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Ability to communicate well with team at all levels to discuss, liaise and negotiate work related tasks effectively
- Good customer services skills
Person Specification - Experience
- Proven working experience in a machine shop environment
- Skill in operating machinery & precision measurement
- Ability to interpret documents/drawings
A competitive hourly rate is offered, plus opportunities to earn overtime, as well as other benefits.
If you are interested in this role, please apply at your earliest convenience
- Electrical Equipment
- Mechanical Systems