The main purpose of the role is to maintain the plants high standards and ensure it operates efficiently.
As a Mechanical Maintenance Technician your duties will include:
- Maintain plant and equipment to a high standard.
- You will be repairing /welding /fabricating machinery.
- Follow processes and utilise CMMS for the maintenance programme.
- Participate in AM/PM and 5S programs.
- Propose and develop solutions to make the plant safer, produce better quality product or manufacture more efficiently.
- Participate in local CAPEX projects.
To be a successful Mechanical Maintenance Technician you will have previously worked in a heavy industrial environment and it is essential that you have the following skills and experience:
- HNC / HND / ONC qualified or a time served apprentice with a mechanical background.
- Previously worked in a heavy industrial environment, quarry or mining experience would be advantageous.
- BTEC National/NVQ level 3 or equivalent with some electrical experience is ideal.
- Continuous improvement tools, PM/AM/Basic problem-solving tools.
- IOSH preferred but not essential.
- Experience of safely maintaining medium to heavy plant with basic skills in machining, welding, pneumatics and hydraulics.
- MIG/STICK Welding.
- Ability to plan and organise and strong communication skills at all levels.
- Basic IT skills, particularly Microsoft Office Excel and Word preferred.
- Experience or training in 5S and lean manufacturing methods preferred.
As the Technician you will be required to work, Monday – Friday on a rotating shift pattern. The hours are as follows:
- 6am – 2.30 pm
- 10am - 6.30pm
In return, the Mechanical Maintenance Technician will receive a salary of £34,000 - £35,000 per annum plus 32 days holiday including all statutory days, company pension and many other Company Benefits.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'