To manage, plan and control all works within areas of responsibility in order to meet all obligations to the client as outlined in the site specific schedule of works and ensure delivery is in line with contractual obligations and Interserve strategies, policies and procedures.
We are looking for someone with a formal qualification in engineering plus previous healthcare experience is essential for this role.
- Responsible for the flexible and cost efficient day to day deployment of resources on a planned and reactive basis.
- Responsible for procedures and documentation of process associated with all types of engineering work.
- To manage and monitor the delivery of an effective and cohesive service commensurate with performance monitoring, expressed through quality indicators and benchmarked to ensure best value on an on-going basis.
- To ensure a cost effective balance between internal and external resource commitments and management of appropriate sub contractors.
- A high level of understanding of the contract and service provider assessment matrices (SPAM) in order to direct the necessary services and ensure o proactive approach to delivery.
- Achievement of results through continuous improvement and monitoring of the service provided.
- Communication and feedback to all staff on levels performance and staff concerns.
- Responsible for the management and resolution of performance measures flowing through to ultimate resolution and updating the client.
- Responsible for staff development and involvement in succession planning to continually offer staff a good working environment with opportunity for personal growth.
- Liaison with client and third parties regarding services levels, feedback and partnership to enhance the patient experience.
- Where opportunities arise and through innovation, strive to provide ideas for further development of profitable returns for the project.
- To maintain a professional knowledge of and compliance of relevant legislation for the project including fire, health and safety and NHS initiatives and procedures.
- To ensure compliance with Interserve policies and procedures and relevant legislation.
- Demonstrate a clear and effective alignment within operational objectives and commercial interests of IFM.
- To participate in the Estates on call / out of hours service.
- Interact with the Service Development Manager Building Services for the production of cyclic work orders for the in the reading of meters, combustion checks, dip slide checks and test results from the planned maintenance routines albeit actioned by Corporate or Sub-Contractor.
- Carry out AP duties for Boilers and Pressures Systems, Medical Gases in line with the contract requirements.
- Carry out F-Gas Lead and Gas Manager Duties
- Ensure that the plant and equipment is maintained to the highest standard using modern techniques and management.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory obligations as laid down in HTM’s and HBM’s.
- Any other duties required to be carried out instructed by the Head of Hard Services.
- Take part of Management on call - rota
What we are looking for
- Proven managerial track record
- Qualified to a degree level/HND in an engineering discipline
- Professional Registered Engineer
- NEBOSH or other Health and Safety qualification desirable
- Experience in computerised PPM
- Experience of the co-ordination of all maintenance in relation to the Building Services including building fabric and structure using internal and external resources
- Good knowledge and experience of Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality systems
- Good presentation, influencing and motivation skills, with experience of managing multi-skilled engineering teams
- Experience in Life Cycle Planning/Costing
- Experience in successfully managing both in-house and sub-contracts within agreed financial and time constraints
- Experience in minor design and preparation of as fitted drawings
- Good knowledge of statutory compliance and current legislation, regulations and standards, with experience of managing a sites statutory compliance
- Management of Building Services: demonstrate organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workloads to ensure deadlines are met. Good client and contractor management skills and a sound knowledge of Health & Safety Management will be a prerequisite.
- Management of people issues - Demonstrates that safety is paramount in all business operations and maintains well being of employees.
Understand and apply appropriate employee legislation, safety, health and environment regulations whilst applying appropriate recruitment, reward and disciplinary processes and procedures (grievances, absences, etc).
- Commercial awareness - Understands and applies commercial and financial principles. Views issues in terms of costs, profits, markets and added value.
- Problem solving and analysis - Analyses issues and breaks them down into their component parts. Makes systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information.
- Creativity and innovation - Creates new and imaginative approaches to work-related issues. Identifies fresh approaches and shows a willingness to question traditional assumptions.
- Communication skills - Speaks clearly, fluently and in a compelling manner to both individuals and groups. Writes in a clear and concise manner, using appropriate grammar, style and language for the reader.
- Persuasiveness - Influences, convinces or impresses others in a way that results in acceptance, agreement or behaviour change.
- Operating with integrity Acts with professionalism and integrity at all times when dealing with others, demonstrating a fully responsive and co-operative manner in order to deliver the highest level of internal and external service.
- Personal motivation - Commits self to work hard towards goals. Shows enthusiasm and career commitment
- Excellent leadership and motivational people management skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and forward plan to avoid incidents or issues
- Good commercial and financial acumen and clear and concise oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make decisions, take the initiative and originate action.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications and the ability work openly and collaboratively with all members of staff to maximise team work and morale
- Flexible and adaptable
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'