Mechanical Maintenance Engineer required to work for a well-established transport and distribution company based in the Preston area. The successful Maintenance Engineer will be required to work on a range of mechanical machinery, including conveyors, packaging machines and processing equipment.
It is envisaged that the successful Maintenance Engineer will have a mechanical background and previous experience as a service or maintenance engineer in a related industry. You must be able to confidently use a variety of tools and work on your own initiative. This is an excellent opportunity for a field service engineer or mechanic who is looking to progress their career within a new static role.
Mechanical Maintenance Fitter Position Overview
- The candidate will be responsible for the service, repair and reactive breakdowns of a range of mechanical machinery based from the facility in Preston.
- Fault finding on machinery and reducing risk of future breakdowns
- Identifying areas for maintenance improvements
- Updating the PPM schedule
Mechanical Maintenance Fitter Position Requirements
- Previous mechanical maintenance experience
- Excellent fault finding skills
- Ideally apprentice served
- Able to work independently on own initiative
- Based within a commutable distance of Preston
- Full (clean) UK driving license
Mechanical Maintenance Fitter Position Remuneration
- £18,000 - £21,000
- Alternate shift patterns (06:00 - 14:00 & 14:00 - 22:00)
- 20 days' holiday + bank holidays
- 40 hour working week
We, Bennett and Game Recruitment, a technical recruitment agency based in Chichester are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job