This well-established manufacturer of plastic products is currently seeking a temporary Mechanical Maintenance Engineer on a days basis for 2-3 months initially. Reporting into the Maintenance Manager you will be working in the Maintenance and Engineering Team where you will be responsible for maintaining and improving production equipment in line with routine maintenance schedules.
As Mechanical Maintenance Engineer, your duties will include -
- Maintenance of mechanical equipment
- Responding to breakdowns and fault finding where necessary
- General site maintenance
- Mechanical repair/manufacture of parts using a Lathe and Milling machine.
- Completing Preventative Plant Maintenance (PPM) tasks
To be successful in the role of Maintenance Engineer, the ideal Candidate will -
- Have a C&G mechanical qualification(s) or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering and basic electrical knowledge, (an advantage but not a necessity).
- Be competent in the repair and maintenance of equipment such as Pneumatic systems, Electro Mechanical Systems, pumps, simple drive trains, compressed air systems and other mechanical equipment
- Have experience in fitting, fabrication, use of a Lathe and Vertical milling machine is required together with working in a manufacturing environment is essential.
- Ideally have some experience of Welding
Please note, if your application is suitable, one of our consultants will call you within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful, however we will keep your CV on file to consider you for future opportunities.
ASC Connections is a leading recruitment business specialising within areas of Technical, Business and IT services. We operate as an Employment Business or an Employment Agency for all temporary and permanent roles respectively.
- Mechanical maintenance engineer