Due to expansion, a successful manufacturing company is now looking to recruit a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer / Mechanical Technician for their site near Tonbridge, Kent. As Mechanical Maintenance Engineer / Mechanical Technician you will be offered a salary of £27,000 + overtime + 25 days hols + pension scheme.
Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Technician role works on an alternating early/late day shift, Mon-Fri 0600-1400 one week / 1400-2200 the following week. There are no nights involved.
Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Technician - Job Purpose:
- To carry out maintenance activities in order to maximise the reliability, efficiency and safety of production equipment.
- To be involved in continuous improvement projects on equipment to give internal and external customer benefits
Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Technician - Duties and Accountabilities:
- Carry out routine preventative maintenance tasks on critical plant items.
- Carry out repairs to equipment as required and assist with further improvements to maximise equipment effectiveness.
- Ongoing involvement on project work, including new equipment installations and refurbishment projects as required.
- Carry out equipment modifications and improvements to meet changing production requirements.
- Carry out all work to agreed safety standards and procedures.
- Involvement in continuous improvement projects to improve productivity.
Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Technician - Person Requirements:
- Ideally apprenticeship-served mechanical based engineering technician or equivalent
- Broad based general engineering workshop skills including welding (MIG / MMA), machining, fabrication and sheet metal work, general fault finding, breakdown repairs and experience of hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, fans, mechanical drives
- Safety aware, conscientious and reliable.
- Adaptable and flexible approach to be able to deal with many varied maintenance tasks.
Keywords: Mechanical Maintenance Engineer / Mechanical Maintenance Technician / Mechanical Maintenance / Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Technician
Commutable from: Tonbridge / Maidstone / Tunbridge Wells / Sevenoaks / Paddock Wood / East Peckham / Hildenborough / Staplehurst / Headcorn / Chatham / Rochester / Gillingham
- Mechanical Engineering
- Routine Maintenance
- Planned Preventative Maintenance
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"