The successful Mechanical Maintenance Engineer would be working for a company that manufacture and maintain equipment for mechanical splicing systems worldwide and have been around since 1948.
The Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will report directly into the Operations Manager at the Barnsley site and will be responsible for mechanical testing at Barnsley and servicing the systems worldwide (mainly UK)
Mechanical Maintenance Engineer Duties and Responsibilities Include:
* Around 70% of the work in Barnsley testing the Hydraulic equipment (mainly presses), the other 30% would be on the road regular servicing with clients or responding to breakdowns (no immediate call outs, all breakdowns are planned reasonably into your diary)
* Ensure Health & Safety is carried out at all times
* General PPM maintenance such as oil changes, but also strip downs for motor changes and gearbox changes etc.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
* Mechanical Apprentice Trained
* Worked in a heavy engineering/manufacturing environment
* Strong on hydraulics - able to read drawings and maintain
Working Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
Benefits - Company credit card (minimum 3k limit to buy parts or fuel etc), company van and mobile phone.
If you want to discuss this position in more detail, please call Kerry Fellows at Elevation Recruitment Group on
Elevation Recruitment Group's Engineering division work with a vast range of businesses across Yorkshire and Humberside, Lincolnshire and East Midlands regions. For this role and other similar Maintenance and Reliability positions, visit www.elevationrecruitmentgroup.com.