This job has ended. Find similar jobs.

Mechanical Maintenance Engineer Service role

Posted 5 February by Elevation Recruitment Group Easy Apply Ended
An interesting opportunity has come available for a Mechanical Maintenance Engineer to be working on a Permanent basis for a Manufacturing/Servicing business in Barnsley, South Yorkshire.

The successful Mechanical Maintenance Engineer would be working for a company that manufacture and maintain equipment for mechanical splicing systems worldwide and have been around since 1948.

The Mechanical Maintenance Engineer will report directly into the Operations Manager at the Barnsley site and will be responsible for mechanical testing at Barnsley and servicing the systems worldwide (mainly UK)

Mechanical Maintenance Engineer Duties and Responsibilities Include:

* Around 70% of the work in Barnsley testing the Hydraulic equipment (mainly presses), the other 30% would be on the road regular servicing with clients or responding to breakdowns (no immediate call outs, all breakdowns are planned reasonably into your diary)
* Ensure Health & Safety is carried out at all times
* General PPM maintenance such as oil changes, but also strip downs for motor changes and gearbox changes etc.

The successful candidate will need to demonstrate the following skills and experience:

* Mechanical Apprentice Trained
* Worked in a heavy engineering/manufacturing environment
* Strong on hydraulics - able to read drawings and maintain

Working Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
Benefits - Company credit card (minimum 3k limit to buy parts or fuel etc), company van and mobile phone.

If you want to discuss this position in more detail, please call Kerry Fellows at Elevation Recruitment Group on

Elevation Recruitment Group's Engineering division work with a vast range of businesses across Yorkshire and Humberside, Lincolnshire and East Midlands regions. For this role and other similar Maintenance and Reliability positions, visit

Reference: 34393292

Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.

Report this job