Demob Job Reference: J4206
Job Title: Mechanical Fitter
Location: Tonbridge, Kent
Salary: £28,722 + overtime + benefits
Our client is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter at their site in Tonbridge, Kent. The successful candidate will be responsible for working in the factory assembling machinery on different parts of the production process.
SALARY IS £28,722, 41 HOURS PER WEEK, PLUS OVERTIME, 25 DAYS HOLIDAY + BANK HOLIDAYS, PENSION SCHEME, HEALTHCARE
Mechanical Fitter Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for working in the factory and assembling machinery together from initial chassis through to frame, body and other associated parts.
- Operating overhead cranes and lifting assembly parts onto frame, bolting down and greasing parts.
- Connecting electrical parts and carrying out tests.
- Following assembly diagrams to ensure that parts are fitted correctly and following specification of the bespoke equipment.
- Dealing with electrical wiring looms, diverting to different parts of the chassis and fixing into place then testing.
- You will be dealing with a variety of different pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical systems.
- Fault finding across mechanical and electrical systems.
Mechanical Fitter Requirements:
- Must be an experienced Mechanical Engineer and have worked on vehicles, plant, ground support or similar equipment.
- Ideally you will have electrical experience and be able to test wiring looms.
- Experience with hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Have solid working knowledge of fault finding, rectification and testing across mechanical and electrical systems.
- Flexible with regards to working overtime.
Mechanical Fitter Benefits:
- £28,722 annual salary.
- Monday to Thursday 7.30am - 4.30pm and Friday 7.30am - 12.30pm.
- 25 days holiday plus 8 stats.
- Pension scheme, Healthcare plan.
- Uniform and PPE provided.
- Opportunity to join a well-established company with impressive future growth plans.
NOTE - Our client encourages applications from candidates from both commercial and ex-military backgrounds; Royal Navy, British Army, Royal Air Force with a Vehicle Mechanic, Ground Support or Plant Equipment background.
- Fault Finding
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'