Staffbase have been appointed to recruit for the position of Mechanical Fitter to undertake plant and machinery service, maintenance & repair duties for our client based in Grantham.
Reporting to the engineering manager the successful applicant will be responsible for implementing scheduled and reactive maintenance activities at our client's busy production facility.
Your duties will include but is not limited to the following;
- Making scheduled checks on machinery and parts including conveyors, crushers, shredders, bailers and other, heavy plant & machinery
- Oiling and cleaning machinery and parts
- Carrying out scheduled overhaul and replacing parts
- Gearboxes, motors, bearings & couplings
- Responding immediately to machinery breakdowns
- Welding & fabrication work
Applicants must have at least 3 years previous mechanical maintenance experience ideally in a heavy industry environment.
You will be apprentice trained to NVQ Level 3 or City & Guilds standard or equivalent
You will demonstrate excellent knowledge of hydraulic & pneumatic powered equipment, conveyor systems, motors and gearboxes.
Candidates who have previous work experience in quarries, aggregates and / or waste & recycling sectors will have an advantage.
The successful candidate will display a positive 'can do' attitude towards your work.
Hours of Work:
Monday to Friday Days + Overtime
Excellent salary & pension
28 days annual leave
- Mechanical Maintenance
- Mechanical Fitter
- Maintenance Engineer