Mechanical Maintenance Fitter
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Maintenance Team as a Mechanical Maintenance Fitter. This role will include shift work.
Who are ROCKWOOL?
We are the UK's leading manufacturer in sustainable stone wool insulation materials for thermal, fire and acoustic insulation. ROCKWOOL are committed to enriching the lives of everyone who comes into contact with our solutions. Our expertise are perfectly suited to tackle many of today's biggest sustainability and development challenges, from energy consumption and noise pollution to fire resilience, water scarcity and flooding. Our range of products reflects the diversity of the world's needs, supporting our stakeholders in reducing their own carbon footprint along the way.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
- To maintain and install mechanical equipment to ensure all mechanical equipment performs to optimum capacity and efficiency
- To weld and fabricate products
- Carry out quality maintenance on a variety of equipment both from planned and unplanned situations
- To evaluate both mechanical and process issues and must be conversant with the principles of pneumatic and hydraulic control systems
- Be proactive in the use and development of any planned maintenance systems and work from and understand mechanical drawings
- Works shifts when required either on a temporary or permanent basis
- Comply with a safe method of working and report any potential unsafe practices or hazards.
- Adhere to relevant procedures to minimise the risk of fire
- Highlight any opportunities for process improvement
- Ensure that mechanical equipment within the job holder’s area of responsibility performs to targeted levels of reliability
- To actively engage in the ROPEX Culture and contribute to the continued success that ROPEX
What you need:
- Previous experience of working in a Mechanical based role
- Ability to weld and fabricate
- Understand pneumatic and hydraulic control systems
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"