Our well-established client based near Cirencester are looking to recruit a Mechanical Fitter.
MECHANICAL FITTER JOB OBJECTIVE
- Accurate and complete build of pumps and pump sets to an agreed build schedule and standard build time
MECHANICAL FITTER REQUIRED SKILLS / EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified to City and Guild / NVQ level 3 standard on Mechanical Engineering / Fitting
- Ability to identify problems and resolve at a high technical level
- Ability to hydraulically / duty test pump sets would be an added advantage but not essential
- Computer literate
- Ability to use a crane
MECHANICAL FITTER KEY COMPETENCIES
Key attributes of the physical requirements of the position:
- Move pallets using a manual pallet truck (pulling weight up to 900 kgs),stack and relocate empty pallets & collars to designated areas
- Place slings around pump which involves bending, stretching and reaching
- Use of a crane to move items on and off workbench
- Cleaning components using a wire brush, deburrer and solvents (moderately strenuous)
- Carry bearings to bearing heater (up to 5 kgs)
- Build pump from a set of loose components which include metal castings
- Standing at a workbench to build product (all day)
- Bending and lifting smaller components out of pallets
- Use of spanners, wrenches and air operated equipment
- Manually torque to 120 ft lbs (strenuous)
- Carry nuts and bolts from the Just In Time work bins
- Use of brushes / brooms to clean work area on a daily basis
- Maintain LSS intitiatives
MECHANICAL FITTER LOCALLY REQUIRED INFORMATION
- Work performed in a workshop divided into work areas equipped with standard hand tool shadow boards and special tooling
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company
MECHANICAL FITTER DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build pumps and pump sets ensuring the build is to the highest standard of quality achieving tolerances and testing parameters
- Achievement of the build schedule timescales based on standard build times
- At all times work constructively within the Bareshaft Fitting Shop team to identify and progress problems impacting the product build or schedule
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 21 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.
- Mechanical Engineering
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job