Role: Mechanical Fitter / Mechanical Maintenance Engineer x2
Salary: £34,000 - £36,000 per annum + overtime (£3k-£8k) + industry leading training + progression
Hours: Two vacancies; one vacancy is to follow a 4 on 4 off 6am till 5pm, and the other vacancy is to follow a Monday to Friday 10am till 7pm
Location: Commutable from Lewes, Crawley, Tunbridge Wells, Uckfield, Horsham, Brighton, and surrounding areas
A well-established manufacturing company that’s takes great pride in its people are looking for two Mechanical Fitters / Mechanical Maintenance Engineers to their maintenance team. The plant equipment is of the heavier sort of nature and would suit someone who doesn’t mind getting their hands dirty and covering a varied role.
You will be one of two Engineers on shift and report into the Engineering Manager. Some of your responsibilities will include;
- Maintenance and mechanical fitting work of all plant and machinery.
- Fault finding and repairing machines.
- Working to planned preventative maintenance work across the site - Also to help with the development of it too.
- Work through various Projects including overhauls, refurbishments, fitting, installing and general fitting duties.
- Attend to breakdowns where a swift fault diagnoses and repair will be required.
- To be actively involved in the TPM improvement process.
- Working as part of a small and friendly team.
- Identification of solutions that improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- To develop an understanding of machinery operation so that faults can be diagnosed and rectified efficiently.
- To work safely at all times and follow safe systems of work.
- Completed a recognised Mechanical Engineering Apprenticeship or hold Mechanical Engineering qualifications
- Experience with mechanical fitting work, within an industrial and/or manufacturing environment
- Machinery maintenance experience
- We are looking for Engineers to have SOME (not all, although that would be an advantage) of the following experience and skill; Welding, Fabrication, Machining, Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- Someone who enjoys getting their hands dirty within a heavier and physical sector
If this role sounds of interest, please apply now and send your most up to date CV to Wesley at TechNichols Resourcing to be considered. Or call TechNichols Resourcing and speak with Wesley for further information.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard back within 5 working days unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.