We are currently working with one of our prestigious textile clients to recruit for a Mechanical Fitter. This role is to carry out mechanical fitting activities including, defect identification and repair, on systems within a textiles manufacturing environment.
This role is a full time, temporary position, for three months.
Hours of work are:
Monday - Thursday 7.30am - 4.45 pm
Friday 7.30am - 12noon
- General maintenance of factory equipment and site facilities
- Investigate failures and complete repairs efficiently to minimise production downtime
- Carry out installations, refurbishment and commissioning of mechanical plant to specification within agreed timeframes
- Inspect, repair, install and test mechanical equipment ensuring mandatory legislative requirements are met
- Maintain an inventory of spares and materials and complete requisition orders
- Implement and maintain Company procedures at all times
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Sound knowledge and experience of mechanical fitting
- High degree of Health & Safety awareness, with a safety first approach
- Use standard engineering tools including: drills, lathes, milling equipment, press, hacksaw, files, marking and measuring equipment, torque wrenches
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise and multi-task
- Demonstrate good working mechanical and electrical assembly methods and practices
- Excellent communication and team working skills
Recognised Engineering Apprenticeship & Qualification or equivalent
Any Other Business:
Please note, only shortlisted will be contacted, if you do not hear from us within 5 days of submitting your CV please assume your application has not been successful this time.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job