Experienced Mechanical Fitter is required to join a high-end technology business, based in Watford.
The successful Mechanical Fitter will ensure that company products are built safely to set specifications, quality standards and schedules.
Mechanical Fitter Requirements:
- BTEC or HND qualification (or work-based alternative qualifications / experience)
- Able to read and understand mechanical drawings - build and maintain machinery accordingly
- Experience of mechanical fault-finding down to component level
- Have good understanding of precision mechanisms
- Can work with other Development and Mechanical Technicians to build and test prototype assemblies
- Must be able to plan PPM for the machinery built in the workshop
- Proven experience of working as a Mechanical Fitter within a high-tech engineering/ manufacturing environment
- Ability to quote timescales regarding the building and repair of machinery
Mechanical Fitter Responsibilities:
- Assist with the building and maintenance of production machinery
- The Mechanical Fitter will be required to read and interpret engineering drawings and build special purpose machinery
- Basic machine wiring will be required - cable running, fitting control panels to machines etc
- Candidates will be required to build precision mechanisms as well as maintain machinery
- The Mechanical Fitter will be required to work with other departments including R&D, Design and Prototyping
If you are interested in this Mechanical Fitter role, click Apply Now and we will be in touch with you.
- Special Purpose Machinery
- Mechanical Fitting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job