Projects involved will be both new build and overhaul/modification of equipment for the pump industry. The main duties of this post will be as follows, although will not be limited to:
• Undertake the preventive and reactive maintenance of pump equipment both on and from time to time off site, by means of physical support as well as telephone support to colleagues, management and customers.
• Management of the pump design process, including time and budgetary control.
• Applying best project engineering practice.
• Prepare and compile tender proposals.
• Oversee in-house test activities relating to pump performance and duty.
• Monitor a project(s) progress to ensure it meets the business and commercial requirements.
• Co-ordinate requirements and interface with production, procurement, installation and commissioning and review with regards to improvements.
• Undertake design-make/buy/install/commission reviews.
• Generate new sales and opportunities and secure sales through the development of existing and new customer relations.
• Carryout tasks as assigned by the Assembly Business Manager.
• Project(s) performance to budget and/or estimate, the quality requirements and to schedule.
• Continuous improvement of the People, Plant, Process, Product and Programme.
• Operating process budget and expenditure.
• Adherence to and improvement of the Quality Assurance systems.
• Identification and winning of sales orders, both existing and new customers
• Minimum HNC in an engineering discipline or equivalent (alternatively demonstrable experience covering all experience & key competencies requirements) preferably time served.
• Valid Driving licence.
Experience with a proven track record from within the pump industry.
• Understand & apply financial information
• Able to deal with all levels of management and staff
• Good communication and report writing skills
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Understanding of business functional areas including Q.E.S.H.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job