Better People are working with a growing business who manufacture chemicals. They are working with us to source for a new role and we are asking for skilled and experienced Mechanical Fitters to apply to us today
A Mechanical Fitter with significant experience in an industrial / factory environment is required for an expanding chemical manufacturing company based in Basingstoke. This role will give plenty of opportunities to get involved in the company's manufacturing processes through the installation of capital equipment, improvement projects and day to day on site repairs and maintenance.
Hours of work are Monday to Thursday 8-5 and Fridays 8-4
Your role as a Mechanical Fitter will include duties such as:
- Installation of new equipment and material handling machinery
- Recommending remedial solutions to engineering Issues
- Carrying out planned and reactive maintenance
- pipe fitting
- welding using Tig and Mig systems
- handling a variety of hand-held and stationary power tools
- Supporting the Operations team
- Sending emails to suppliers
This is a "hands-on" job and if you like to get stuck in to the mechanics of machinery and metal working in stainless steel and other materials, this is a fantastic opportunity.
Allied to a stimulating environment you will be instrumental in supporting the business as it continues its’ strong growth and you will be encouraged to make contributions to process improvements.
You will be issued with all your overalls, safety boots and all other relevant PPE.
Ideal Candidates for this Mechanical Fitter role will be/have
- experience in a similar role with at least 5 years Mechanical Fitting experience
- have worked in a mechanical maintenance role
- have welding experience
- able and willing to contribute ideas to improve efficiency
- be basically computer literate
- be great communicators with ability to write own business emails
- be physically fit
If you would like to work in a company where your contribution will be valued and recognised, please apply now. This is a company which is modern, fast growing and at the forefront of manufacturing in their sector. If you can demonstrate a willingness to 'get stuck-in’ and grow with them, and have the relevant experience, we will be pleased to hear from you.
This company is always looking at ways to improve conditions and benefits for their employees so you will be well looked after!
Send us your CV in MSWord format today!
- Mechanical Engineering
- Welding Procedures
- Mechanical Fitter