Mechanical Estimator / HVAC Estimator required for our client a specialist Mechanical Services and HVAC contractor that deliver projects mainly within the commercial market as well as the leisure sector. Services they offer within a project include air conditioning, ventilation, plumbing, heating and boilers systems. This is predominately an office based position, working from the North London office.
The Mechanical Estimator / HVAC Estimator will need to be confident with HVAC projects and able to understand technical drawings to perform take offs to create a materials list in order to provide the client with an accurate quote. The Estimator will oversee a project from its initial tender, project or drawing amendments through to it handover to a Project Manager prior to install.
Given the nature of an Estimator position you will be liaising directly with suppliers, project managers and clients with the occasional requirement to attend site for surveys or meetings. Other duties will include producing monthly valuations, working with spreadsheets and assisting junior estimators when required. The day to day tasks will include reviewing specifications and drawings for take offs and creating detailed cost pricing, tenders and estimates for new installations as well as remedial works.
Previous estimating experience with the HVAC or Mechanical Services sector is essential as well as an in depth knowledge of plumbing, heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems and associated products. Electrical knowledge is extremely advantageous.
Mechanical Estimator / HVAC Estimator Position Overview
- Preparing cost pricing and estimates for new mechanical and HVAC projects / contracts
- Carry out any amendments or variations to existing projects / contracts
- Review technical drawings and specifications for take offs to create a materials list
- Regular contact with customers to keep them updated
Mechanical Estimator / HVAC Estimator Position Requirements
- Mechanical Services or HVAC product knowledge
- Previous experience in estimating
Mechanical Estimator / HVAC Estimator Position Remuneration
- Salary Negotiable (Competitive)
- Company Car Allowance / Company Car
- 28 Days holiday including Bank Holidays (increasing with service)
- Ongoing professional training and development
- Full Package to be discussed at interview stage
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy