Our client is currently seeking the ideal candidate for a mechanical estimator role in Essex. This is a permanent position, offering a competitive salary and good benefits.
- Experienced Mechanical Estimator with at least 10 years' experience within the mechanical building services industry estimating using estimating software.
- Be able to work alongside the other mechanical and/or electrical estimators as well as independently within a busy estimating projects department.
- A track record of having successfully estimated a variety of Building Services projects covering Education, Healthcare, Commercial and Residential projects between the values of £100k - £15m, along with proven experience in dealing directly with clients.
- Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English, able to inspire, influence and negotiate.
- Hold a sound working knowledge of up to date building regulations and coding.
- Drive and determination to progress their career into a senior role.
- Complete take-offs from drawings/information provided.
- Full document control on each tender.
- Liaise with subcontractors/suppliers to gain competitive quotations.
- Value Engineering and/or partial design works on tenders.
- Liaise with mechanical & electrical estimators to ensure fully compliant M&E quotation.
- Input take offs into estimating software (Vixen) and model/finalise quotation.
- Report to senior estimators and/or Directors including full adjudications of each tender.
- Produce quantified schedule of rates.
The ideal candidate will have vast experience as an estimator ideally in the mechanical sector. We are looking for people that are self driven, and are looking to develop their career through a well established company
If you are interested in this position, and would like more information, please apply for the job via this advert.
- mechanical estimating