PRINCIPAL TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Operations Manager/Senior Operations Engineer across the full range of their duties with particular emphasis on the effective control of all major plant and building systems including :-
- The management, safe operation and maintenance of steam boilers to PM5 standard along with related steam distribution and control systems
- The management, safe operation and maintenance of hot water boilers to PM5 and variable temperature heating and control systems
- The management, safe operation and maintenance and installation of hot and cold water services in accordance with HTM 2040 and Water Regulations, centred on the prevention of Legionnaires Disease
- The management, safe operation and maintenance and installation of general building services and selected data systems
- The management, safe operation and maintenance of major air conditioning plant and environmental control systems for critical areas such as operating theatres etc, in accordance with the maintenance requirements of HTM 2025.
- The management, safe operation and maintenance and repair of auxiliary control systems for heating systems, pumping systems, ventilation and air conditioning systems etc and revalidation of LEV systems.
- The management, safe operation and maintenance and repair of complex electrical lighting and power distribution systems/installations and work of a higher complexity as may be defined under a formal Permit to Work document.
- The management, safe operation and maintenance of electrical installations and testing to 16th Edition of IEE Regulations and the testing of portable appliances.
- The management, safe operation and maintenance of lifts to PM7 standards and of other forms of lifting equipment as required under the Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations (LOLER).
- The management, safe operation and revalidation of woodworking machinery in accordance with PUWER 98 regulations.
- Day to day management and technical support of all Direct Labour related activities at Airedale Trust sites and management of delegated Contract Labour Schemes.
- The design, work specification, site liaison and management of specific maintenance/service contracts as delegated by the Operations Manager. (Typical value £5000.00 to 30,000.00.)
- The design, work specification, procurement, site liaison and management of specific revenue projects as delegated by the Operations Manager. (Typical value £5000.00 to 50,000.00.)
- The development and introduction and audit of new work methods/systems aimed at improved service delivery in patient care areas in relation to issues that directly affect the patient, the care environment and the physical appearance of the built environment.
- Participation within, and the delegated management of, the emergency on-call services operated by the Works Department to provide emergency out of normal hours support across the range of services normally provided including direct support to patient in their homes in relation to the maintenance and repair of wheelchairs, lifting devices and other care equipment.
- Ensuring the efficient delivery and quality of all direct labour operations and delegated contract schemes on time and within the agreed budget.
- Identification and ordering of all necessary materials and spare parts required to deliver a quality service.
- Act as deputy to the Senior Operations Engineer during his absence on matters relating to the management of system/equipment, delegated revenue schemes or Direct Labour deployment (all sites).
- The management, maintenance, testing and validation of complex building systems including:-
Please note: a full job description will be provided to all shortlisted applicants.
DUE TO THE LARGE VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE RECEIVE IT IS ONLY POSSIBLE TO PROVIDE INDIVIDUAL FEEDBACK TO SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES. IF YOU HAVE NOT BEEN CONTACTED WITHIN 3 WORKING DAYS OF YOUR APPLICATION THEN ON THIS OCCASION YOUR APPLICATION HAS NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL.